Technical Advisory Board
Victor Johnston, PhD
Head of R&D Center Louisville
Business Unit Catalysts
An innovative and forward-thinking R&D professional who excels at working with diverse teams to drive both continuous and step-change improvements in chemical processes and catalysts. Possesses extensive experience in the chemical manufacturing sector in program and project management, technology evaluation, production accounting, quality control, staff training/development, budgeting and expenditures, and strategic planning. A proven track record of guiding the development, evaluation, and scale-up of fixed-bed, fluid-bed, and homogeneous catalysts and reactor technologies. A savvy and committed leader, who develops project pipelines targeted at meeting key business objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to build and lead high performing technology teams in research, piloting, and manufacturing environments. Led team in tripling innovation contributions of catalyst projects in three years.
• Management accountability for catalyst, reaction engineering, and process research and development groups with operating budgets of $2 million to over $8 million per year.
• Invented and developed technology for synthetic ethanol resulting in a 275,000-ton production plant
• Developed and managed the ethanol intellectual property portfolio, resulting in over 170 U.S. patents covering catalysts, reaction conditions, purification, and integration processes.
• Successfully revitalized and expanded teams by rebuilding the project portfolio, using Six Sigma and DFSS methods to ensure business alignment.
• Established and executed an external high-throughput catalyst programs, process intensification, and University centered research programs
• Inventor on over 170 US Patents
• Board experience
Technical Advisory Board member 2020 - current